MercedesBnB is situated in the city center of Amsterdam. Not far away from the hip and quirky shopping street Haarlemmerstraat. Not only shopping, it is also a perfect street for dining and bar hopping. The street is in the wonderful Jordaan district. You are guaranteed to find a special little something from Amsterdam in this alternative shopping district.
The public transport is just around the corner. Therefore you have the possibility to explore the entire city, with all the fantastic attractions and museums. Things to do when you stay at MercedesBnB:
- Go to the Noordermarkt on Saturday Farmer’s market or Monday morning Flea market (behind our house, near the big church)
- Walk down the canals. You pass the Anne Frank house if you follow the Prinsengracht in the southern direction
- Rent an electric boat, with or without skipper and organize your own canal-trip (bring your own wine and bread)
- Scheepvaartmuseum (maritime museum, it is worth to visit and to go on the 17th century VOC-ship Amsterdam)
- The Rijksmuseum (with Rembrandts most famous painting)
- The Van Gogh Museum
- Drink a beer in the evening in Jazz Cafe Alto near de Leidseplein and walk back by following the Prinsengracht.